Sunday, September 21, 2014

Introduction

Welcome to Roadway to my Driver's License! On this blog, I will talk about the process of getting a driver's license from my teenage perspective and will post to this blog with updates at least once a week. In addition to that, I will give tips and tell you about some cool tools that can be used for learning how to drive. This can range from anything from the topic of texting-and-driving to cool technology to make you a better driver.

Currently, I am 15 years old and I will be 15½ this November. I will turn 16 years old in May of 2015. I have already taken classroom driver's ed. That being said, I have not taken any behind-the-wheel lessons yet. I'm looking forward to taking those soon.

In a nutshell, this blog will focus on the requirements to get a California Driver's License. First up, classroom driver's ed, getting a learner's permit, followed by behind-the-wheel lessons. Then, you have a half-year to complete a brief 50 hours of driving with a licensed adult over the age of 25. 10 of those hours being at night. Finally, taking a trip to the most dreaded place on Earth, the DMV! This is where you finally get your license and get your photo taken (Don't blink!). That's a big nutshell! Have fun with that!

My inspiration for this blog, apart from it being my year-long Honors English assignment, is that there doesn't seem to be any blogs on the internet that tells the story of getting a license as it unfolds from a teenager's perspective. The closest things to that are driving school blogs, auto insurance company blogs, and even a blog from a parent who lost his teenage son in an auto accident. But nobody had a blog told by a teenager.

I want to change that...

That's why I am writing this blog, to help fellow teenagers understand what they have to do to get on the road. Look out world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment