Sunday, November 23, 2014

Learner's Permit

On Friday, I went to my local DMV, took the test, and got my learner's permit. Here's what I've learned from this experience:

Picking the Right DMV

I went to a relatively new DMV. As a result, the people there were significantly nicer than those you see on TV. In addition, the test is all digital. I'm pretty sure that isn't available at most DMVs. I also got to smile for my permit license. It came out pretty good.

Taking the Permit Test

You should know general stuff for this test. Important things to note include maximum legal limit of blood alcohol content for people both under and over the age of 21 (They're different; 0.01% under 21; 0.08% over 21). You should know general speed limits and penalties for illegal actions (Such as abandoning an animal on the road). Otherwise, it is (hopefully) common sense. The red octagon is a stop sign. The answer is usually the safest decision and is fairly obvious most of the time. On digital tests, it will tell you if you got a question wrong as soon as you get it wrong and what the correct answer is. 

Anyways, that's my story. I won't be able to drive until my behind-the-wheel training, but until then, have a great Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment